i'm glad that there are other parents out there having the same problem and i'm not ashamed to admit my failure; but its never too late. bak kata my friend linot, "we do what we can while we can".
thanks to Raudhah for sharing this on fb.
story and pic taken from "my goal is jannah". insyaa allah sama2 kita amalkan.
My Daughter was 12 years old and prayer was like a heavy burden on her. So I told her to pray one day and I monitored her. She only took the Prayer mat and spread it on the ground. I asked her... if she prayed - she said yes - in that moment of anger, I hit her - I know I made a mistake. I cried and I repented to Allah. The slap, the talk, the reminders did not make a difference to my child.
One day a friend told me a story. She went to one of her friends for a visit. Her friend was not very religious, but when the Adhan for the prayer was called, her children rushed for prayers without reminders or quarrel. I asked her how her children prayed by themselves? - She said, before I got married I used to make this Dua and still make it today.
After she told me the Dua – I began to recite it in every Sujud in my prayers and anytime I could. Since I began to recite the Dua my daughter is now the first to prayer without reminders or quarrels. She got up in Fajr prayers without any alarms. And all her brothers are now eager in praying without any difficulties.
I know You are now eager to know this Supplication Dua..
The Supplication is in the Surah Ibrahim [14], ayah # 40 سُوۡرَةُ إبراهیم
And the Supplication is...
( رَبِّ ٱجۡعَلۡنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِىۚ رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلۡ دُعَآءِ (٤٠
"Rabbi-Ajal'ni muqeema salaati, wa min Dhurriyyati, rabbana wataqabbal duaa"
[14:40] O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer.

No comments:
Post a Comment