Saturday, 5 April 2014

New Piano

After about 8 years, I finally decided enough is enough. The old piano was beginning to become a burden - the keys kept cracking due to inferior plastic used in the manufacturing process, so the keys kept getting "sticky" and sometimes stuck in the down position.

Went to the "Music Room" last Saturday and decided to get the girls a new piano. We settled for a Yamaha Digital YPD162R - a slightly smaller but not short of functions piano.

Managed to get 18 months interest free payments because the Arts Council sponsors a programme that helps parents buy music instruments for their kids who are under 18.


Piano arrived at around 12:45 pm by UPS. Noni was at home so I didn't have to come back. Nowadays, everything follows IKEA - you have to assemble it yourself. Good thing I had 2 helpers:
  • 1 to read instructions
  • 1 to help carry the piano and hold it steady while I fix the screws
Finally after about 25 minutes:

 
 
Kids love the new piano as they can play smoothly on it without having to stop and unstick the keys. Well worth it when you hear them playing - really surprises you sometimes how good they have become; not yet the grand master type, but good enough to make you very happy. Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment