Little Missy has been dreading her first exam ever. This one involves her playing the piano. She skipped Grade 1 because she missed the exam date and the teacher decided to let her proceed straight to Grade 2 lessons.

A lot of hard work was put in (involving Daddy making strict instructions to practice every day for at least 30 minutes). Tears rolled - not because of being made to practice but out of anticipation and anxiety for the looming and "dreaded" EXAM!
She practiced at home on the morning of the exam - few minor mistakes but overall good. We left at 9 am just in case traffic was bad.
I had written a letter to her school asking for permission fro her to miss morning classes as the exam was conducted at 10:05 am. We were there early and because the person scheduled before us hadn't turned up yet, we were allowed to go first.
Exam was conducted at the Cathedral Church of St Barnabas where they had a grand piano in the cathedral hall and an examiner overseeing the students' exams. A practice room and waiting room were made available. The practice piano was an old upright piano - not very good and hard to play but I told he that the grand piano would be a lot better, easier to play and would sound great.I sat outside the hall a listened. The grand piano did give out a great sound, and it looked like she was doing quite well.
When she came out, I asked her how it went and she was all smiles. All that anxiety for nothing - the exam wasn't as scary as she thought it would be and quite enjoyed it. Video below doesn't sound great as I'm outside the hall and there are people talking in reception.
I had told her that an exam is nothing to be afraid of. It's only a test to see how well you understand something and whether you need more time to learn. Good for her - an experience like this means that she shouldn't be afraid of any future exams. Alhamdulillah.
Results will be in about 3-4 weeks. Hope the results will be good. Insyallah. Well done darling.


No comments:
Post a Comment